EnEmSol provides services in areas of environmental regulations, emissions quantification and emissions abatement technologies; with emphasis on GHG emissions and climate change. We have experience in dealing with IMO MARPOL Annex VI regulations and ISO standards on energy and environmental management systems. We can support you with their implementations at facility/ship/plant levels as well as company/corporate levels.
EnEmSol is fully up to date with the development in GHG emissions, its impact on climate change and mitigation methods. We have been following the UNFCCC decisions, taking part in IMO debates on the subject and worked on how to reduce the burden of mitigation and adaptation for developing countries; via effective use of international funding facilities, capacity building and promotion of technology transfer. We advocate robust methodologies for GHG emissions control from shipping. To this end, we have undertaken time and efforts to perform ship-board assessments and understand the impact of regulations on wider maritime players including the developing countries.
EnEmSol can support you in area of emissions and environmental compliance via providing services in the following areas:
- Emissions abatement technologies and regulatory compliance: IMO and national regulations require significant reduction of all different types of air emissions. Clean fuels, clean technologies and emissions abatement technologies are the main areas for achieving these requirements. We have experience in dealing with technologies and fuels including Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems (EGCSs). We could support your endeavors to understand these technologies, set road-map for technology adoption, help you with your feasibility studies and best ways of achieving regulatory compliance.
- Emissions quantification and inventory: EnEmSol has experience in emissions quantification using both modelling techniques and experimental methods. We have used such techniques in the past in evaluating the impact of IMO energy efficiency regulations on shipping GHG emissions. We can provide you with emissions factors for your estimation models, if need be.
- MRV (Monitoring, Reporting and Verification): A proper monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) system is considered as an essential element of operational measures for reducing GHG emissions. This is normally a pre-requisite for any future GHG emissions mitigation policy. We have been advocating such a system for shipping for sometime. We are following the current debate by the EU, USA and other major developed economies plus major Flag States on the subject. Our policy is to work closely with industry to make sure that any likely proposed system will not adversely impact their operations. We could team up with you to share our expertise for pilot implementation of your internal MRV system. Our data analysis techniques and benchmarking could be complementary to your efforts and we would be happy to share it with you.
- Capacity building and technology transfer for climate change: EnEmSol can support you with identifying best techniques for capacity building and technology transfer that is compatible with climate change agreements and internationally available funds. We can also provide advice on the best methods of using available international Technical Cooperation opportunities in support of your climate change initiatives in particular with your mitigation efforts.
- Environmental management, auditing, and reporting: International standard ISO 14001 provides the framework for establishing or auditing your Environmental Management System (EMS). We could provide support in establishing your EMS, identifying your environmental aspects, quantify your environmental footprints and help you to prepare the corporate annual environmental report.
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA): We could support you with the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of your new projects or existing operations. Our quantification of your environmental footprints such as GHG emissions as well as the EIA activities will be based on internationally recognized methodologies and standards.
If you want to know more about our capabilities in this area, please contact us.